DECEMBER 02, 2019 meeting notes:
Construction Work completed November 2019
- Second floor structure is complete; planks expected to be completed by Dec 6
- Preparation for 3rd floor is underway
Work expected to be completed over the next month (December 2019)
- Work is proceeding on Saturdays from 10-5 pm every weekend except for bad weather or scheduling.
- 2nd floor will be completed this week; 3rd floor and possibly 4th Floor by January.
- Schedule is to complete planking by end of March (weather permitting)
Comments / Questions
- Procida is working with DOT to have street closure hours the same as DOB work hours, 7am – 6pm. CB7 and CM Levine’s office have also supported the extended closure.
- Block and Plank construction: Masonry walls are built up and then prefabricated, 4’ x 30’ concrete planks are placed onto the concrete block walls.
- There are still opportunities for the school and local residents to get more informed about the building, the people and all the benefits that WSFSSH at West 108 will bring to the neighborhood.
- Including more residents and more workers, so there will be more eyes on the street.
NOVEMBER 12, 2019 meeting notes:
Work completed October 2019
- First floor structure and planks are completed
- Preparation for 2nd floor
Work expected to be completed over the next month (November 2019)
- Work is proceeding on Saturdays from 10-5pm every weekend except for bad weather or scheduling.
- 2nd floor will be completed and possibly 3rd floor
Comments / Questions
- Site Protection is always in place
- 7 am road closures are fine with the CAG (agreed to in previous meetings). DOT only granted street closure starting at 9am. Procida is working to increase closure time to 7am.
- What is the quake/tremor tolerance for the building? (Buildings meet NYC Building code for Earthquake Loads )
- Request to hold a forum for the neighborhood to talk about the building’s benefits, including green roof, community space, etc.
- Artwork at building: Local artists. Steel work at fence (see 107 & Bway). Beatrice Coron
Next Meeting Dates
- January 14th, 2020
- February 11th , 2020
- March 10th, 2020