Please find meeting notes from the January 15th Construction Advisory Group below.
Meeting Notes from January 15, 2019
- Procida – General Contractor. Mario Procida, Michael Procida, Ramon Bryant
- WSFSSH – Developer: Paul Freitag, Ariel Krasnow
- CB7 – Roberta Semer, Chair
- Manhattan Borough President’s Office: April Adams
- Dattner – Architects, Shefali Sanghvi
- NYC Parks & Recreation – Matt Genrich
- CAG participants and guests
- Work completed since December 18, 2018
- All three demolition permits are ready.
- All protection is up and monitors are installed.
- Demolition is starting this week; first on 151-149 West 108, and then 143 W 108.
- Work expected to be completed over the next month (January – February)
- Demolition is expected to take roughly 1 week per floor.
- Anticipated end of Demolition is mid-end of April.
- Comments / Questions
- Question about how the shed abuts the fire escape. Procida will review and correct as required.
- Question about Security: Procida has 24 hour security on site. Cameras will be installed on the site perimeter, including the Amsterdam alleyway.
- Question about the Emergency Boiler for the school. Will it happen this year and can it be coordinated with W 108 construction? School and GC do not think the temporary DOE boiler in the street will be a problem since the south sidewalk remains open throughout.
- Question about Saturday work hours: Can GC work on the weekends to speed up project completion? Weekend work variances can be obtained for
9-5 on Saturday7-5 on Saturday.
- Next Meeting Dates
- February 12, 2019
- March 12, 2019
- April 9, 2019
- May 7, 2019 (May 14 was agreed at the meeting– but 5/7 requested afterwards)
- June 11,2019